The Third Order of St. Dominic
Blessed Margaret of Castello Chapter-in-Formation
Sunday, 17 January 1999
St. Paul’s Catholic Student Center
BSU Campus, Boise
1. If your time and schedule allows, you are invited to attend St. Mark’s on Saturday, 16 January 1999, Liturgy of the Hours, 7:00 a.m., “cry room”; 7:30 a.m. Rosary; 7:50 a.m.. Holy Mass. (This is the regularly scheduled Rosary and Mass)
2. Please keep in mind the readings below are not mandatory but simply do the best you can. You may not have all the readings. This will be a very interesting meeting, we will discuss Faith and Unity in the Church. We are putting notebooks together for all the third order members with all the readings in them.
Program for Meeting: Faith and Unity in the Church
1. Opening Prayer & Presentation (Prioress)
2. Formation (Formation Director)
a. St. Dominic (more on St. Dominic’s life, devotion and apostolic life) (Mark Gross)
b. Mary, Mother of the Church. (her Faith), Chapter 8, Lumen Gentium, Vatican II documents.
c. Virtues of Faith & Unity
i. Definition of Faith: Hebrews 11, 1-3
ii. Blessed Virgin Mary: more on her Faith: Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs nos. 153-165, 494, 2617, 2618.
iii. Obedient Faith: Romans 1,1-5; 16,25-27.
iv. Unity: Matthew 23,1-5; John 17, 11,20,21; Ephesians 4, 3-5, 11-12. (There are many, many more examples). Summa Theologica, Q39, on schism (what unity is not).
d. Vision of the Church (Short Discussion from the Catechism of the Council of Trent & the Catechism of the Catholic Church).
i. characteristics of Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Mary Ellen Nourse)
e. What is our vision for the Blessed Margaret of Castello Chapter-in-Formation. What is our apostlate?
f. Rule of the Third Order of St. Dominic: The Dominican Family is a sacramental and a source of grace that God will work through, and whatever St. Dominic does through his people, in Christ, will be towards the salvation of souls. See the Rule, Life of the Fraternities, #9). (Ken Jercha).
g. formation closing comments/questions about focus on Faith and Unity of the Church (Formation Director).
3. Closing Prayer & other matters for the good of the Order. (Prioress).
To Praise * to Bless * to Preach
Back to Archives Page